5 Free Spots for Romance in Melbourne CBD
Valentine’s Day is about love and togetherness. That doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money to enjoy each other’s company. Check out these five romantic spots in Melbourne CBD for a sweet and special Valentine’s Day.
Download your free map here, and remember to tag us on social media @cityquestaustralia to have your Melbourne adventures featured on our feed. Happy Valentines!
Here are 5 free spots for romance in Melbourne's CBD:
- The Grotto, King’s Domain
It doesn’t get more romantic than the secluded and lush Fern Gully Grotto in King’s Domain. This enchanting rock formation, complete with stone bridge and waterfall, was once an old quarry. (Image: Charly & Eric Travellers Point)
- Hamer Hall Balcony - Climb the steps to the top of Hamer Hall to get a view of the city, and steal a few kisses from your sweetheart. Best viewed at dusk for a gorgeous sunset over the Yarra River, or enjoy the lights of the city after dark. (Image: Arts Centre Melbourne)
- Cowen Gallery, State Library Victoria - Inside the State Library, the Cowan Gallery is the perfect spot to spend time together, admiring and discussing beautiful works of Australian art.
- Evan Walker Bridge - Once home to hundreds of love locks, this walking bridge remains a favourite with couples looking to affirm their love for each other. (Image: State Library Victoria)
- Birraung Marr - Grab your sweetheart’s hand and take a stroll along the river as you chat and admire the sculptures and aboriginal heritage tributes. (Image: What's On Melbourne)