Wander through Melbourne's beautiful garden precinct on this self-guided walking tour. Collect clues and solve puzzles to reveal a surprise at the end of your walk.
Starting at the Shrine of Remembrance, you'll wander through the Royal Botanic Gardens, King's Domain and Queen Victoria Gardens. Along the way you'll discover moving monuments and stunning natural beauty. A perfect way to unplug and spend quality time with your friends and family.
A reward awaits at the end of your Quest. You can choose to reveal a secret message, solve the answer to some fun riddles, or a surprise dining experience. Each option is family friendly and fun!
Choose your surprise ending:
Secret Message - Use the clues you've found on your walk to reveal an inspirational secret message.
Riddles - Your Quest booklet will include a series of family-friendly riddles! Try to guess the answer before you use the clues to reveal the solutions.
- Open-Air Cafe - The ideal place to relax after your walk! You'll find delicious coffee, pastries, sandwiches and other gourmet treats.
- Opening Hours*: Monday - Friday: 8am – 7:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 9am – 7:30pm *Hours may vary based on weather conditions.
- Price Point: $9-12 for main meal.
- Options: Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten Free options available. No separate kids menu. Wine & beer available.
- Custom Ending - Let the clues reveal your own special message or surprise venue! Just put your preferred ending in the notes at checkout and we will create a custom Quest just for you. Letters and numbers and punctuation only, maximum 60 characters. Please allow 5 working days.
Some points of interest you'll discover:
- Shrine of Remembrance
- Royal Botanic Herb Garden
- Pioneer Women's Memorial Garden
- Queen Victoria Gardens
Quests never expire! Instantly download your Quest booklet today, and hold onto it until you're ready to embark.
You can enjoy the Grand Gardens Quest as an amazing race experience. Form teams and challenge each other to see who can reach the end first! This is an ideal team building activity for school or corporate groups.
If you'd rather take your time, feel free to meander slowly through the clues, soaking up the natural beauty of the gardens. Stop for a picnic, to sketch the landscape, or nap on the lawns. There are no rules, so do what you like.
Wondering what to do with your family this weekend?
The Grand Gardens Quest is also a great activity to do with kids. Enjoy quality family time while your children learn skills like following instructions and navigation. The puzzles will develop their problem solving abilities. Finding clues helps with resilience and observational ability. It's a perfect weekend activity.