Visit Melbourne's major sights on this self-guided walking tour. You'll discover iconic architecture, uncover little known history, and wander streets famous for their art and culture.
Follow the directions in your Quest booklet to discover fun facts and hidden gems that you might otherwise miss. Along the way, you'll collect clues and solve puzzles to reveal a surprise destination!
- Starting point: Federation Square
- Walking distance: 3-4 kilometers
- Estimated duration: 2 hours
- Accessibility: Suitable for wheelchairs and prams.
- Difficulty: Moderate. Suitable for ages 10+.
Choose your Surprise Destination:
- Laneway Mural - This stunning piece of modern street art will take your breath away. Be sure your camera is charged up!
- Price: Free
- Opening Hours: 24 Hours, 7 days a week
- Noodle Bar - Small and unpretentious, this family run eatery takes great pride in the excellent quality of its dishes.
- Price: Mains from $12.90
- Opening hours: 11:30-3:00pm, 4:30pm-8pm Mon-Sat, closed Sundays
City Quest Special Deal: Receive a free entree with any main purchased. To redeem, please show the staff your City Quest booklet and quote your invoice number.
Learn more about this venue.
- Handmade Desserts - Cosy and friendly, this is the perfect hidden spot to indulge your sweet tooth.
- Price: Desserts from $7.00
- Opening hours: 12pm-7pm daily
- Learn more about this venue.
Quests never expire! Instantly download your Quest booklet today, and hold onto it until you're ready to embark.
More venues will become available as COVID-19 restrictions ease. Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified! You can also create a custom Quest with your own surprise message or venue of choice as the destination.
You can enjoy the Marvellous Melbourne Quest as an amazing race experience. Just form teams and challenge each other to see who can reach the surprise destination first! This is an ideal team building activity for school or corporate groups.
Some points of interest on the route include:
- Melbourne Town Hall
- Victorian Parliament
- State Library Victoria
If you'd rather take your time, feel free to meander slowly through the clues, stopping wherever you like for detours. Sit and grab a coffee, visit a museum or go shopping during the Quest. There are no rules, so do what you like.
The Marvellous Melbourne Quest is also a great activity to do with kids. Enjoy quality family time while your children learn skills like following instructions and navigation. The puzzles will develop their problem solving abilities. Finding clues helps with resilience and observational ability. It's a perfect weekend activity.