Wander through Melbourne's beautiful garden precinct on this self-guided walking tour. Collect clues and solve puzzles to reveal a surprise at the end of your walk.
Starting at the Shrine of Remembrance, you'll wander through the Royal Botanic Gardens, King's Domain and Queen Victoria Gardens. Along the way you'll discover moving monuments and stunning natural beauty. A perfect way to unplug and spend quality time with your friends and family.
A reward awaits at the end of your Quest. You can choose to reveal a secret message, solve the answer to some fun riddles, or a surprise dining experience. Each option is family friendly and fun!
Choose your surprise ending:
- Secret Message - Use the clues you've found on your walk to reveal an inspirational secret message.
- Riddles - Your Quest booklet will include a series of family-friendly riddles! Try to guess the answer before you use the clues to reveal the solutions.
- Takeaway Treats - Tucked down a city lane, this tiny establishment is chock-full of brightly coloured sweet goodies for you and your group to enjoy. Sit in Fed Square or along the Yarra to enjoy your well deserved takeaway treats!
- Price: $6.60 per treat
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri 8am-10pm, Sat-Sun 10am-10pm
More venues will become available as COVID-19 restrictions ease. Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified! You can also create a custom Quest with your own surprise message or venue of choice as the destination.
Some points of interest you'll discover:
- Shrine of Remembrance
- Royal Botanic Herb Garden
- Pioneer Women's Memorial Garden
- Queen Victoria Gardens
You can enjoy the Grand Gardens Quest as an amazing race experience. Just form teams and challenge each other to see who can reach the end first! This is an ideal team building activity for tourist or corporate groups.
If you'd rather take your time, feel free to meander slowly through the clues, soaking up the natural beauty. Stop for a picnic, to sketch the landscape, or nap on the lawns. There are no rules, so do what you like.
Wondering what to do with your family this weekend?
The Grand Gardens Quest is also a great activity to do with kids. Enjoy quality family time while your children learn skills like following instructions and navigation. The puzzles will develop their problem solving abilities. Finding clues helps with resilience and observational ability. It's a perfect weekend activity.